1/2 tbs Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Ripe Banana
200g Cashew Nuts
75ml Maple Syrup
50ml Apple Juice
This cake is such a perfectly delicious balance of fruity, indulgent and refreshing, that when I know I have it in my freezer it’s the first thing I reach for to start my day. Cake for breakfast!
From experience her recipes normally work out creating too much for me, so I have halved the measurements to suit my needs.
Please make sure you take into account that this recipe requires time-consuming freezing and soaking in preparation. Ensure you start out nice and early.
- PREP: Slice up the three bananas and freeze for 1.5 hours, with the blueberries
- PREP: Soak the cashew nuts for at least 1.5 hours
- Blitz the almonds in a food processor until crushed
- Add the dates and blitz together until a sticky mixture forms
- Press the mixtures into the bottom of a cake tin
- Place into the freezer
The Middle Layer
- Mix all the middle layer ingredients in a food processor until smooth
- Pour 3/4 of the mix on top of the base
- Place back into the freezer for at least 10 minutes
The Top Layer
- Add all the top layer ingredients into the food processor, with the rest of the middle layer ingredients and blitz
- Pour into the cake tin, on top of the middle layer
- Place back into the freezer for at least 1.5 hours before serving. Store in the freezer for best enjoyment
The great thing about this recipe is that it can be so easily modified, try swapping the blueberries and strawberries, for other delicious combinations.
Tried, tested and loved recommendations include:
- Mango & pineapple
- Kiwi & lime
- Blackberries & raspberries
- Strawberry & peach
Mango & Pineapple, With Raspberry Coulis